Friday, October 18, 2013

Connected to Love


 by A.M. Stewart
We are always connected to Love, because Love is who we are. Whether we realize this moment to moment or not - this is a truth.  Some people may use many words in place of ‘Love’ like God, Wisdom, Energy, Source, the Supreme, etc.  But we’re all talking about the same thing here, let us not get lost on the sound of words. 

I’ve noticed this connection to Love at many different points in my life. During situations one would think not possible. One in particular comes to mind: when visiting my Mom the week her husband passed away. During this sad time of loss, I noticed my Mom continuing to care for all the flowers she had been given.  Carefully, gently and peacefully she replaced the water, then arranged them in such a pleasing way. Her care and gentleness for the flowers was simply a deep connection to Love expressing itself in this way, in that moment.

I noticed this connection recently when feeling particularly overwhelmed and sad about life. I realized I was ‘feeling’ alone. The moment I noticed this – and said it to myself – something profound happened. My connection to Love – to God – answered back, “You are never alone. Even when you’re alone, you’re never alone – because you are connected to this infinite, universal energy of Love, of God, of Wisdom.” 

This deep realization was immediately comforting to me in that moment. It’s exactly what I needed. And it came from inside myself – no one else ‘told’ me this. In that moment I recognized this Truth, this connection to Love that never disappears. What an absolute gift. We are always connected to Love – because Love is who we are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment