Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Infinite Love ... and .. Deer



This morning I was feeling kinda bummed and lonely – because my running buddy couldn't make it to our run in the woods. Then I remembered the infinite Love Spring living in me, that is me and everyone and everything else. I began to feel full of love and comforted in a deep way.

At that moment, I looked down and saw this perfect leaf with a heart shape somehow cut out in the middle. “Amazing,” I thought, “Just amazing.” Knowing absolutely this was not a coincidence.

As I proceeded on my run through the woods, a large deer ran across my path. I looked over and there was a family of deer, about 6 or 7. We ran side by side for a moment of magic and magnificence. Then they disappeared. I'm not sure if it was the pregnancy hormones or just that I was in deep recognition of the connection to this Pure Love – but I wanted to stop and weep.

As a surge of emotion filled my spirit, I instantly felt grateful and in awe of the magnificence of the absolute perfection of Life. All my thinking about what needed to be changed and fixed, all the thoughts about what was imperfect disappeared. It was replaced by an absolute knowing that ALL is perfect as it IS already. It didn't need me to do anything – or to make it any particular way – because it's all just perfect in and of itself.

Even the things I had seen in the moment as sad or imperfect or needing to be changed instantly transformed into being ok the way they are. The beauty and perfection in the mess of it all, if you will.

In this moment I saw very clearly, the depth of gratitude that exists for all of Life's waves. It is in the recognition of where the source of Love dwells.

And it is true, we have many moments where action is required. But if we do not allow the action to come from that place of love and gratitude, it serves no one and nothing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment